Click here to download this Sabbath’s bulletin.
For past bulletins, click here.
- The speaker today is Alexis Hurd-Shires, the director of the Adventist Learning Center in Bourj Hammoud.
- If you are a Sabbath School teacher, education or theology student, or simply would like to improve your story telling skills, don’t miss the training this afternoon at the auditorium from 3:30-5:00 pm.
- All members are invited to attend the church business meeting tonight, October 20, at 6:30pm. The new church budget is on the agenda, among other important items.
- There is a Pathfinders’ meeting today from 2:30pm- 5:00pm
- The collegiate Arabic-language class starts at 9:30am in room 218. The class has their own Sabbath School program, followed by the Bible study.
- The Beirut Marathon is Sunday, Nov. 11. Come join Pr. Jared for a run/walk by the Sea tomorrow, Sunday, to prepare for the marathon. We will meet and leave from the MEU parking lot at 7:00am.
- The church’s worship committee has been meeting, and over the next few months will be making some modifications to the order of service. This is a careful attempt to enhance the worship service. The committee welcomes your feedback. Feel free to share your thoughts with any of the committee members: Gina K., Andrew I., Nelson, Eileen, Shawna, Karim, Samuel, and pastors Jared, Daniel, and Raja.
- Chef Richard will be joining us for Vegetarian Cooking classes coming to MEU October 23, 30 & Nov. 1 at 6:30pm.
- As we plan outreach initiatives leading up to and including the “Reach Beirut” 2019 meetings with It Is Written, funds are needed. If you would like to support the evangelistic plans, please write “Evangelism” on a blank line below the “Local Church” section.
- It’s time for another church work bee. Please come help clean up the church auditorium, Sabbath School rooms, and campus in general, on Sunday, October 28, from 9am-noon. As a way to show appreciation for your help, the church will provide manouesh for breakfast.
- Second reading: the church board has nominated Larry Barkanian to serve as a deacon.
- Save the Date, Sunday Nov 4th a trip to the Cedars of God for the Church Family will be organized by the Church Social Activities Committee. More information coming soon.